B2C Marketing Insider has a good article out today that explores some of the advantages of using online video to optimize marketing and sales. Of the many interesting statistics from the article, one that jumped out at us was a comment about visual and auditory learners.
Visual learners comprise 65% of the public, and auditory learners make up another 30%, so it’s no wonder video is the way people learn best. Conveniently for us B2B marketers, video also conveys more information per minute than any other media platform.
The article also has a good list of "Top 10 online video promotion strategies." The article goes into depth for each recommendation but you can find a shortened version of recommendation below.
- Search optimize your video with text summary.
- Replace static ads with viral pay-per-click (PPC) displays.
- Capture sales leads with longer form video.
- Bolster conversion with YouTube promotion and Call-To-Action overlays.
- Integrate video into your email marketing.
- Increase downloads of marketing collateral with a video-enabled landing page.
- Leverage social media. Promote your online videos across all marketing channels – on social media sites, your blog, as well as personal and corporate profiles.
- Feature videos on your website.
- It’s all about control… and a consistent brand.
- Create sales videos to engage and qualify buyers.
B2C Marketing Insider covers everything from social media to online marketing to consumer and content marketing to branding and pubic relations. It is great to see "non-video" marketing experts like B2C Marketing Insider starting to notice and evangelize about the power of marketing video just like we have been for some time.
Rewatchable - Boston Videographer